--Adapted from Oh Crumb!
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup almond flour (from blanched almonds)
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 loaf brioche bread sliced into 12 slices
- 1 cup (approx) sliced almonds, toasted
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, mix the butter with the white sugar and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add the almond flour and mix until incorporated.
- Add cornstarch and flour and mix until incorporated.
- Add egg and almond and vanilla extracts and mix on medium speed until completely incorporated.
- Spread about 2-3 tablespoons of the almond cream onto each slice of brioche and place on the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of sliced almonds evenly onto each slide and press lightly so almonds stick.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 12-14 minutes, or until almond cream is puffed.
- Slide parchment onto a cooling rack and allow to cool for about 5 minutes before sprinkling with some powdered sugar.
- Tastes best after cooled to room temperature.
- Refrigerate any leftover almond cream and seal leftover almond brioche in an airtight container or zip top bag.
Makes 12 servings
|Finished almond cream|
|I portioned the almond cream with a cookie scoop.|
|A little almond cream left over|