|Almond Flour Coconutty Cookies|
When I decided to adapt my coconutty cookies to replace almond flour for the regular or gluten free flour, I didn't realize which direction these would go in. They were much flatter than I thought they'd be, and they were also packed with way more flavor that I thought they'd have.
They don't look all that impressive, and I can't put into words exactly what makes them special. Just know that when they're just underbaked, they have an incredibly chewy texture and a fabulous buttery caramel flavor. Mmm. So good.
My husband took two downstairs to snack on, and when he'd finished the second one, he was actually a little bit sad when they were gone.
So, all that to say, if you like coconut and nuts at all--even if you are not gluten free--you should try these cookies. I'm pretty sure you'll love them.
Almond Flour Coconutty Cookies
- 14 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspooon baking soda
- 1 teaspooon salt
- 2 teaspooons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups almond meal/almond flour (I use Bob's Red Mill)
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans (I lightly toasted mine)
- 1 cup sliced almonds (also lightly toasted)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cream butter and sugars. Beat in baking soda and salt. Beat in vanilla extract and eggs.
3. Mix in almond flour. Then stir in coconut and nuts.
4. Scoop by tablespoons onto parchment-lined baking sheets, leaving two inches between cookies.
5. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes, or until cookies are mostly baked and starting to brown at the edges. Bake them less for chewy cookies, and longer for crisp cookies.
6. Allow to cool on pan for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Note: I like to keep my cookie dough in the fridge, or make and freeze dough balls. These cookies withstood the freezing of the dough very nicely.
Makes about 4 dozen 4-inch diameter cookies, I think.
|They kind of look like oatmeal cookies|
|Cookie dough balls ready for the freezer|