|Gluten Free Classic Chex Mix|
There's really not that much to tell, except that it's an easy, delicious, versatile, and gluten free version of a classic.
The main reason I'm blogging about it is because I want to have the recipe handy for myself since I seem to be currently addicted to it.
Gluten Free Classic Chex Mix
--adapted from BettyCrocker.com and LandOLakes.com
- 4 1/2 cups Rice Chex
- 4 1/2 cups Corn Chex
- 2 cups gluten free pretzels (I like Glutino GF Pretzel Twists)
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (I used canola)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder (not garlic salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder (not onion salt)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Measure Rice Chex, Corn Chex, and gluten free pretzels into a large roasting pan and gently mix.
- Place margarine in a medium sized microwave safe bowl, cover, and microwave on high for about 20-35 seconds, or until margarine is melted.
- Add vegetable oil, Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, garlic powder, and onion powder to the melted margarine and stir.
- Drizzle the seasoned liquid all over the Chex and pretzels, stirring the mix every once in a while.
- When all of the liquid has been drizzled, stir the mix completely.
- Bake the mix for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Allow mix to cool completely before placing in an airtight container or zip top bag.
- You can also enjoy it warm.