|Sweet chewy Coconut Pecan Cookies
I don't think words can do justice to how tasty these cookies are. Just imagine a perfect party of butter, brown sugar, coconut, and pecans nestled all cozy inside a cookie. It's the sweet taste of toffee with the chew of a soft cookie and the perfect texture of toasted pecans and coconut. Mmm...
These awesome cookies are a slight modification of the Coconutty Cookies with Toffee Bits that I already love. I didn't feel like going out and spending money on macadamia nuts and almonds today, though; plus I am out of Crisco. So this is what I did, and they're so good that they deserve their own post.
If these sound good to you, you'll love them for sure. And if you share them with others, I'm pretty sure that they will love them too. It's just one of those cookies, you know?
Coconut Pecan Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup organic virgin coconut oil
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups chopped lightly toasted pecans
- 1 cup toffee bits (use Heath Toffee bits or recipe below)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cream butter, coconut oil and sugars. Beat in baking soda and salt. Beat in vanilla extract and eggs.
3. Mix in flour just until blended. Then stir in coconut, nuts and toffee bits.
4. Scoop by tablespoons onto parchment-lined baking sheets, leaving two inches between cookies.
5. Bake at 350 for 8-9 minutes, or until cookies are puffed and start to brown around the edges.
6. Allow to cool on pan for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Note: I like to keep my cookie dough in the fridge, or make and freeze dough balls. This dough does great with refrigeration or freezing. If you're not going to bake it all of within about three days, I recommend freezing the dough in pre-portioned dough balls.
Makes about 4 dozen 3-inch diameter cookies
|I just happened to have some homemade vanilla ice cream on hand...