So I went to my trusty allrecipes.com and found this no-cook "Exquisite Pizza Sauce." It is so super easy, and it tastes great too. I may have to do a little more tweaking, but it's a fantastic start--and so easy. doubled the recipe because one of the reviews said it made so little, but I really didn't need to double it. I made two large pizzas and had enough leftover to freeze for our next pizza night. One recipe is enough for probably three large pizzas, I'd say, unless you like tons of sauce on your pizza. What you see below is the original size recipe.
We'll see how this recipe fares over time, but for now, I think it's a thumbs up.
--Adapted from allrecipes.com
- 1 (6 oz) can of tomato paste
- 6 oz warm water
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
In a medium bowl, mix all of the ingredients until combined.
Allow to sit for at least half an hour before using on pizza.
Makes about 1 1/2 cups of sauce.