|Me and the fam|
About me. Well, for a couple of years I had a long explanation of how this blog came to be and about what I do and why I do it. My revised bullet-point version is more straightforward, just like me. Sort of.
(In no particular order) I am...
- A Southern Californian who has also lived in Portland, Oregon,
and who now lives in
Des MoinesUrbandale, Iowa.
- A mother of two awesome boys, one high school senior and one college freshman.
- A wife for 26 years to a man who loves and blesses me daily—whether it be through his kindness or his challenges to my status quo.
- A long-distance daughter to my parents who live in Georgia, close (thankfully) to my awesome brother and sister-in-law.
- A teacher who has been transitioning for the past year from elementary ESL (English as a Second Language) to
, well, we will have to see.high school ESL teacher at her kids' school (they actually don't seem to mind).
- A cook, baker, and entertainer—just for fun and sharing. I have no real passion for making money, but I do have a huge passion for food and making people happy with food.
- A volunteer tutor to an amazing group of Burmese refugee women who bless me every time I meet with them.
- A reluctant blogger. I mean, I was reluctant at first, but now it’s often my sanity.
- A member and participant of a tiny but mighty faith community called the Des Moines Vineyard.
- A modern woman who would sometimes prefer to live in an age before screens took over. I love my blogging, iPhone, and email too much though.
- Someone who likes to share and be helpful, which is why I do this blog.
I also love to respond to questions. If you have a question for me, feel free to post a comment within a post the question is about, or, if you want/need a quick response, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for stopping by Food Pusher. I hope you enjoy your visit.